Follow @marismith on Twitter to Learn More about Social Media

By Shawn Collins
Mar 9, 2009, 01:22



I was at a conference for event planners last Wednesday, and I was surprised in a session about social media that I was the only one using a blog, Twitter or Facebook to market a conference. There must have been 100+ people in the room.

The were all locked into the old, expensive ways of promoting their businesses, yet seemed anxious to get a grip on social media.

That got me thinking that there is an opportunity there to run seminars for all of these verticals that would jump at the chance to pay for a half day primer.

Then I came to my senses and realized I don’t have time to launch a new project like that. However, a great resource came to mind: Mari Smith.

I met Mari at Affiliate Summit West 2009 and was excited to chat with her, as she’s a wealth of information on social media, and somebody who shares plenty of insight.

Missy Ward, Mari Smith and Shawn Collins

So, if you’re looking to learn more about this space, especially how to make the most of Facebook, I’d suggest you follow @marismith on Twitter.

 
Top